Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011

July artful bag challenge

For this month challenge on Frostedpetunias, we have to take an old bag and embellish it however. So, i haven't got any old one in my collection. I will make one as it's practical and usable.

That's what i started with:
3 pieces of felt i have a while in my stash

I sewed some silk - lace on and took a Tim Holtz watchpart for the closure

More lace, two stripes as you can see and tea dyed

Sewed the two stripes on. Below, in the middle of the lace... the circle forms the closing for the bag

Now, closing the sides with some bast fibres

Front Look

Side Look

Fot the handle two d - rings also from Tim Holtz and some fake fur - lace

A Hermes - Sign, a leftover from a giftpackaging

and a little gold key

A close up
Maybe it don't looks really vintage, but it's special and handmade (:o)

Elly.....wishing a happy sunday

Kommentare:

Linda hat gesagt…

I think this bag does look vintage and know that I would carry it. It would give an outfit that finishing touch. I love the lace, it looks like a bag from th 1920's, the lace is amazing.

Thank you for your comment.

Mrs A. hat gesagt…

Looks pretty vintage to me. You have created a wonderful bag here. Hugs Mrs A.

Martina2801 hat gesagt…

Hallo Elly,
zuerst einmal vielen Dank für Deinen lieben Kommentar auf meinem Blog.
Ich kann das Kompliment nur zurückgeben. Du machst auch wunderschöne Sachen. Werde künftig öfters mal vorbei schauen.
Das Täschchen sieht super aus! Gefällt mir sehr gut.
Hab eine schöne Woche.
LG
MARTINA oxo

Ephemera hat gesagt…

This is gorgeous and looks very vintage, such a lovely idea!

PATRICIA hat gesagt…

Linda, Parabéns....xoxoxoxox

Electra hat gesagt…

It's LOVELY! And thank you for showing how you made it!

Mary hat gesagt…

I think it is beautiful. That lace is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial on making that bag. Now I will have to try it maybe with leather. You did great!!

Frosted Petunias hat gesagt…

Wow this is beautiful! And that you made the entire bag yourself really makes it special. The lace gives it a wonderful vintage touch and I love the items you used to trim your bag. Really wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Anna

Jaluza Scrap hat gesagt…

Obrigada por este PAP maravilhoso.
Linda!!!

selma hat gesagt…

Thsi is a beautiful and intelligently made bag. I like a lot of.