Montag, 22. August 2011

Travel - Smashbook

I'm going to Belgium and France, next week. So i need a smashbook.
I made one on my own, with an amazon bookpackaging and was inspired by Melissa Samuels. She shows in one of her ustreams, how to make it. You can find it, when you go to her blog (Link in my sidebar). Look in her archiv. It was in march 2011, i think. I can't view it anymore, because i moved in april and my internet is to slow now.
Here you see what i made:

The packaging

Gesso on both sides

Various stamps with archival

Some Backround - stamps


Also adhered 7 Gypsie Tissue Paper with matt medium

The back

Inside i used a Tim Holtz Ringbinder


ATC Sleeves with prepared emphemera



A city map from Lille


Really easy and simple.....just a smashbook. Maybe it gives you an idea and you make one on your own. Let me know, if you did.
This Smashbook fit's the challenge Simon Says Stamp And Show Some Travel

Thanks for watching, dear bloggers. I always appreciate your comments.

Happy Monday

Elly

Kommentare:

Zuzu's Blog hat gesagt…

totally awesome.

Fabric Art hat gesagt…

Gorgeous smashbook Elly, love how you have paint and stamp the cover and all the wonderful papers, map and other things inside.
Anni

Candy C hat gesagt…

Your smashbook is "Smashing"! LOVE IT! All of the 7 Gypsies papers and embellishments you used are perfect. Also LOVE the base you used for your book....corrugated paper and the techniques you used to transform it. Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Denise J. Phillips hat gesagt…

Hi Elly:) I absolutely love this! Really inspiring and well done! You should send Melissa the link to this post, I know she'd be thrilled to see how she had inspired you! Cheers!!! Denise:)

Gio hat gesagt…

I love it! such a great and wonderful project!

Debbie hat gesagt…

This is so awesome! Fabulous details! Love it all!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com hat gesagt…

Wow!! This is fantastic! I love the different layers and how you used the Holtz ring binder to connect it all!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

Nancy Wethington hat gesagt…

This is so my style. I absolutely adore how you put this entire project together and all this mismatched pieces. This is divine! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Steffie hat gesagt…

Wie immer WOW!

LG,
Steffie

My name is Toni hat gesagt…

Hi Elly... it's me again... Toni... I just love your smashbox... I have been wanting to make one but haven't taken the time... You've inspired me. So enjoy looking through your blog, looks like we enjoy so much of the same messiness ...lol.... I am not an Elly follower !!!

Elly hat gesagt…

@Toni..thanks for your nice comments. You do what you want to, because you rock!! ..and your creations are awesome. (:o)
Elly

LynneForsythe hat gesagt…

OMW Elly....you "smashbook" is TOTALLY AMAZING!! Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!!

Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Dorthe hat gesagt…

Elly, that is great, love the packaging you altered so wonderful, with the gesso, and stamps- your smashbook is fantastic.
Hugs,Dorthe