Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2011

Altered Phone Case

I've found a cheep phone case from leather, but the colour is ...unamusing
I remembered a tutorial from my friend Gio in Italy, how she was altering a Leather - Purse from trash to treasure. You can take a look, when you klick on her name. She also shares a lot of her nowledge on her YouTube channel here

I also started with two layers of gesso. I then gave it a good coat of walnut distress stain and wiped it of a bit with a damp cloth for a distressed look. Let dry for 1 hour and seal it then, with Multi Medium or Mod Podge and the Distress Stain won't smear anymore and you are ready to stamp.

You can stamp directly (use StazOn or Archival), but with this small surface, i prefare to stamp on tissue. I sandet the case a bit. I sprayed the tissue with a homemade mist (using water, reinker vintage photo and copper perfect pearls) and then adhered the stamped tissue to the phone case  with Ranger Multi Matt Medium. After drytime, i applyed two coats of matt medium for sealing. I then sandet the edges and used Distress Ink for the finish look.



I used my DaVinci Stampset from Katzelkraft  and i love the worn and used look of my new phone case.

 Theme this week on Simon Says Stamp And Show One Colour..any Colour. Don't you think it fits perfect?


Elly

Kommentare:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Fantastic altered case, love the stamping and distressed look. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge . Tracy x

Vicky hat gesagt…

So much better than plain black!!! I love the new colour & the images you used :)

Sandy hat gesagt…

Na was ne tolle Idee Elly.
Nun sieht das Teil gleich wie haben muss aus. Toll gestaltet.

Ich wünsche Dir ein wunderschönes WE meine Liebe.

Carola/Schokofee hat gesagt…

Sehr genial - woher nimmst Du nur immer Deine ideen. Ich geh es mir gleich nochmal anschauen...

Ein schönes WE
Caro
*schoki*

Jane hat gesagt…

Sieht super aus, als wäre es schon immer braun gewesen.. Eine tolle Idee.

Candy C hat gesagt…

Hi Elly! Wow!! This is a great idea and I love your results!!! I love your idea to stamp on tissue and then adhere it to the case using Multi Matte Medium! I'm going to have to try that on something!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Ephemera hat gesagt…

WOW this is gorgeous. Would never have thought of doing this. I agree this is so much better than the original. Brilliant stamping. XX

Gio hat gesagt…

it's a lovely piece , Elly!

I never tried stamping on tissue, yuo're inspire me !

:-)thanks for the links...

Lorraine hat gesagt…

This is brilliant Elly. I'd never have thought you could change leather like that.