Montag, 11. Juni 2012

Not a book...but a secret..up to now...

Hello blogger buddies (:o) Are you curious about my final piece for the Book of Secrets Online Workshop with Andy Skinner? Me too, but about your comments and what you think about it. I tryed again, to think out of the box and to use Andy's technique on something else, than a book cover.
This is also my entry for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, because this week theme is: Anything Goes.
My Steampunk Fairy

Started with a styrofoam torso...


...and a wooden candleholder


Coffee on hand?....Well take a seat then.... (:o)












I am soooo excited, to read what you think about my fairy
I used Lutradur for the wings.
Here you see the templates


The inspiration for the wings comes from an award - winning Canadian doll maker and costumer in fantasy and historical - style costumes Martha Boers. Her blogname is Anitique Lilac. You'll find some tutorials here.
The wings are painted with Andy Skinners Timeworn Technique
Hopefully Mr. Skinner is changing his mind about fairys now (:o) You don't know what i'm talking about? Than read this post and this one
Hello my name is Elly and i'm addicted to paint (:o)

Two more pictures i took with sunlight






Thank you Mr. Skinner, for another mind - blowing Workshop.
When ever a new workshop start's, i'm in (:o)

Here is the video made by Master Andy with the amazing results from every participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drmDEPWzN4o&feature=plcp

Happy Monday
~ Elly ~

Kommentare:

Sandy hat gesagt…

Also Elly wenn ich nicht schon sitzen würde, müsste ich mich nun setzen.
Was ist das herrlich.
Dein Werk ist der absolute Knaller.
Mir fehlen einfach nur die Worte.
Wenn man diesen WS besucht, muss man sich viel neues anschaffen ??
Sei so gut und melde Dich mal und erzähl mal ein bisschen ;)

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...Elly I don't know where to start this is just the most amazing thing I've seen...what you've achieved is awesome, loVe how you've dressed the form so effective & the added chain is perfect for the piece...the beauty of the wings has blown me away, so so pretty & vibrant they look like gossimar...you show amazing talent and i'm so glad I get to see your blog and what you do!...Mel :)
Andy will adore fairies when his eyes see this beauty!

Candy C hat gesagt…

Elly....did you hear that thud? That was my jaw hitting the floor and it's STILL THERE! This piece is truly amazing! I totally LOVE it! I have signed up to take Andy's Time worn Techniques later this month and I can't wait! I love his work. YOU, my dear, have rocked this! Your styrofoam dress form is just totally amazing! I LOVE the color and all of the amazing texture and dimension you have given to a plain styrofoam dress form. Those wings....OMG...they are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

inkypinkycraft hat gesagt…

This is an amaZing piece of work, the torso is wow and the wings are just stunning!!!!i lve it and having had a look around am now a follower!! Hugs trace x

Neil hat gesagt…

Hi Elly, it's spooky; I'm busy working on a torso too at the moment, a paper mache one. Yours is absolutely amazing with lots of lovely details.

Gio hat gesagt…

You're lucky my English is so poor and I knew very few adjectives...

Amazing , and I think Andy will be very proud of you.

Few days ahead before the new timeworn starts again, this time I want to play!!

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Boah, mir fallen hier gleich die Augen aus dem Kopf. Das ist ein WAHNSINNS-Werk, total klasse.

mark gould hat gesagt…

WOW that is insane, so creative and fantastic, I am blown away by how that has turned out, Andy was mentioning it to me yesterday in his craft barn class.
I love it. mark x

Andy skinner hat gesagt…

Thank you Elly for your comments, your piece is truly amazing... I've still not changed my mind on fairy's though ;)lol

Zuzu's Blog hat gesagt…

I LOVE it and I LOVE that you did that and not a book, showing how the techniques can apply to anything.. really fab piece...

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries hat gesagt…

This is so amazing...what a great details!! I really love this peace of artwork! Chapeau!

greetings, Alie :-)

froebelsternchen Susi hat gesagt…

Oh DU meine GÜTE!!!
was ist das für ein Kunstwerk?

Sprachlos machst Du mich immerzu!

jan hat gesagt…

Hi Elly, I have just found you on U Tube and now I have become a follower on your blog here. I love your work and I idolize Andy Skinner!

I have subscribed on U Tube because I can then watch your tutorials and videos I think that you are totally amazing with a fabulous talent. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs Jan xxx

Karin hat gesagt…

wow this is a real piece of art, fabulous!! I love the wings, wow what a gorgeous colors you used!

christ hat gesagt…

it's really incredible and well thought
i will try one day thinking of you
I wish you a good luck for this simon's challenge
What's a misery that is random which choices the winner
it's not a good system
you have a great talent
hugs from france
christ

Saskia hat gesagt…

Je torso is werkelijk prachtig, Elly! Waanzinnig mooi.

Anjas-Artefaktotum hat gesagt…

Du übertriffst Dich immer wieder selbst, unglaublich, dass das überhaupt noch geht! WAS für ein Wahnsinnskunstwerk, die Idee alleine schon mit dem Kerzenleuchter, dann die Ausführung. Es ist immer alles bis ins letzte Detail bei Dir liebevoll gemacht, das mag ich so sehr!
Ganz große Kino!
LG Anja

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA hat gesagt…

This is an amazing piece. Blessings!

Marijke hat gesagt…

this is simply gorgeous, great creation

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Wow, ein wahres Schmuckstück! Das sieht so genial aus!
LG Yvonne

cathi hat gesagt…

Da kann ich nur WOW sagen. Nie im Leben hätte ich gedacht das da einfach nur so ein Styropor Körper drunter ist.

Mikaela hat gesagt…

I love this piece!! the work you did on the body has so many deatails and structur!