Mittwoch, 8. August 2012

Da Vinci's Chest

The challenge for this week on Simon Says Stamp and Show is just after my fancy.
Paint it up! .... is the device. It was time, to pull out my acrylic paints after my last card obsession. I still have some to show. (:o)
Up to the Da Vinci Chest now. I'll show you the finished project first and at the end some pictures how i did it, by using a picture ( paper)  transfer technique.













Here is the box i started with

  Primed with Gesso first, as you can see on the lid


 Painted with DecoArt Glorious Gold  


I used a laserprint picture from the internet and glued to the lid with Ranger Multi Matt Medium.



When it was dry, i gently rubbed the paper off with water and my fingers


No...you don't need a fork (:o)


I  used a crackle medium and a lot washes with translucent acrylic paint.  
If you want to know how that works, i advice to watch a video on YouTube made by Andy Skinner you'll find here


I also used the crackle medium and acrylic paint for the background on the tags


Again some washes with translucent acrylics.


I stamped on top using a set from Katzelkraft
The pen nip i've bought on ebay is coloured with alkohol ink and glued to a skewer.

Hope you like it! (:o)

Next time, i'll give you an update of the huge canvas i'm still working on and sure some more cards.

Thanks for reading and leaving appreciated comments.

xoxo

Elly

Kommentare:

mark gould hat gesagt…

Wow, Absolutely stunning, I love it Elly. Very you, I love the inside of the lid and I have been wanting to play around with image transfer for a while, I think I will be trying it soon now looking at yours.The tags are stunning and really add to the whole piece.
Mark x

suziqu's thread works hat gesagt…

What an amazing job you have done with this Elly!
It is stunning and you have used one of my favourite images - Leonardo de Vinci's Head of Leda in there.
I also love your previous work - also very beautiful indeed!
Thank you for putting my button on your sidebar also
x Suzy

Sandy hat gesagt…

Elly woooooooooooooow was für ein grandioses Box.
Ein Traum und zwar komplett.
Du kannst mich immer wieder aufs Neue von Deinen Werken begeistern.

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...Elly this piece surpasses all that you have done...it is truely amazing in every way, the work you have put and the results achieved are incredible I can't sing it's praises enough, you are one very talented lady with oodles of versatility...Melx:)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Absolutely gorgeous, love the aged feel to your chest and the images are wonderful. Love the coordinated tags . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C hat gesagt…

Elly...this piece is wonderful! I love it when something as simple as a plain wooden box is turned into such a beautiful, artistic piece. Thanks for sharing your technique of transferring the laser printed image. The inside of your box is amazing! And...your tags....WOW! Love that crackle background! It really goes perfectly with your stamps. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Alie hat gesagt…

Oh my Elly...this is an amazing box. What a great artwork you've made of that wooden box.
I couldn't stop looking at all the pictures and your work you've put in! AMAZING....LOVE IT!!! :-)))
For me, you're the winner of this challenge.

greetings, Alie :-)

Angelica hat gesagt…

Love it!!!
Love what you done inside the chest to. Beautiful tags.

Anjas-Artefaktotum hat gesagt…

OMG ist ja unglaublich was Du aus der Kiste gezaubert hast. Ich liebe Da Vincis Meisterwerke udn Du hast ihnen einen tollen Rahmen geschaffen.
LG Anja

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art hat gesagt…

Elly you are so talent and creative, you have made a simple chest to the most gorgeous thing, love everything you have done inside and outside, also love you tags.
Anni

Chris hat gesagt…

Oh I more than like it Elly! A really stunning art piece and I love how you used the washes on to create the aged look with the transfer and also the tags. I have these Katzelkraft stamps, I want to use them again now :). xx

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Wow, irgendwie fehlen mir bei deinen tollen Werken immer die Worte ...
Einfach wunderschön!
LG Yvonne

Saskia hat gesagt…

This is an awesome chest, Elly. I just love how the transfer is blended into the background with this great technique.

Ephemera hat gesagt…

Hi Elly, Apologises for not getting to your blog more often. WOW what a transformation. This is fantastic, brilliantly altered, I love anything Da Vinci, but this is one of the best I have seen. xxx

Steffie hat gesagt…

WOW!
*Mund offen steh*
Steffie

Anke hat gesagt…

Das ist wieder ein unglaublich tolles Stück geworden.Außen und innen so schön gestaltet und dazu noch die Tags.Ganz wunderbar.

Liebe Grüße
Anke