Dienstag, 28. August 2012

Shabby Chic Display Cabinet - Makeover

I'm working on a cabinet at the moment. Because the weather was fine last friday, i started with sanding the cabinet outside. I'm always surprised on my own, when i'm watching before pictures.....after... (:o)

Here's the cabinet in it's beauty...as i found it..and saved it to become bulky refuse.


One door was already damaged. How much imagination do you need, to see something ...nice?
After sanding.....it wasn't really better...but hey.....it's wood!! Transform it the way you like. Industrial chic with a darker colour .....



....or shabby as i prefer....that's why i started priming in white....


..and more white paint....


Repaired the left door, removed the glas - window from right door, painted both doors and insert both to cabinet again before started sanding for a shabby look


Here's a closer view at the sanding





I used simple white acrylic paint...of course watered down and applyed a view thin layers...

Then....started cutting my chicken wire for the doors...


..and fixed to doors 


I did a search on The Graphics Fairy for a matching sign...
....printed with laserprinter....
and adhered to cabinet with Ranger Multi Matt Medium


After waiting to dry..about 20 minutes...i wiped the paper of with a damp cloth and a little bit rubbing..

Here's the cabinet how it looks now...


I sealed the outside, too. The inside at the window needs a little bit more paint and i think, i'll use some vintage book pages or wall paper inside the cabinet.


Cool cabinet to display some of my projects, don't you think?
And the best...it was for free (:o)

And...do you browse the bulky refuse next time too? (:o)

Happy Monday......and thanks so much for all your appreciated comments

~ Elly ~

Kommentare:

inkypinkycraft hat gesagt…

a fabulous make over , love what you have done...really great! trace x

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...Elly what an amzing find, this is a perfect display cabinate for your work, it is beyond reconition, your creative hands have turned it into something very beautiful and I just loVe the chicken wire...awesome Elly...Mel :)

Sandy hat gesagt…

Oh Elly, darf ich schreiben das ich ganz neidisch bin ???
Wie schön Du diesen Schrank wieder hergerichtet hast. Jetzt hat er einen Platz fürs leben.
WUnderwunderschön.

Chris hat gesagt…

Oh my goodness you are an inspiration! Your cabinet is reborn and so beautifully too. I love the colours and the graphics and the chicken wire, it's all superb. I'm looking for bits and pieces too. Found a small circuit board and a cute old light bulb at our refuse tip recently..... it's small but it's a smart.

I'm wanting to rejuvenate an old cupboard here but it's a big job that I keep putting off. You make it look so easy :). xx

Gio hat gesagt…

UAU, Elly is ...gorgeous! The last touch of the chicken wire and the signs are genius. Brava!

Alie hat gesagt…

That cabinet is so gorgeous now Elly...you did great, I love the way it looks now...and yeah your projects will look so well in this great altered cabinet!!!

greetings, Alie :-)

Anke hat gesagt…

Eine großartige Verwandlung.
Gefällt mir sehr gut.

Liebe Grüße
Anke

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Die Veränderung ist klasse!
LG Yvonne

Clare with paint in her hair hat gesagt…

Ohhh that is fabulous! So where can I get one?

mark gould hat gesagt…

oh my god, wow, i love your big projects, this is fantastic. have a great holiday. x

Saskia hat gesagt…

Wow, fantastic make over!

Faye hat gesagt…

What a transformation, Elly! I love the "after" look. Fantastic job.