Donnerstag, 9. August 2012

Update

Hi (:o)
As i promised in my last post, here's an update of the huge canvas i'm working on....besides the normal work and watching the great olympic games.

Here is the original canvas again


After preparing the background for new paint.....and a lot new painting......


I was really pleased how the background turned out, but....i changed my mind. Too much vintage feel....
There's a lot thinking going on with this project..... and i started new....with a saying i had in my mind for that canvas. So....i painted the backgound over with a light grey...and started with some kind of a layout with my saying....


I always have to take pictures, because it's hard to see what you're doing, when you're staying right above a 1m x 1m canvas. I played with a lot materials like fabric, burlap and changed the colour of the patternd paper.




I decided to work on a new background now.....and this will be assembled later, when it's finished.


This gives me the option to play with a lot more materials....and if i make bad mistakes i can start new without to ruin the original canvas.
I have painted the background with gesso now and adhered my saying......


A lot texture will be glued to the background now. Tons of paper flowers and other materials....


...and another layer of gesso......

Now i'm making more embellishments.....and playing with pictures.....to give you an idea...here you'll see another option....


That's how fare i am now.......

There is also a birthday this sunday. A colleague is getting 40. I made a card with my prefered Prima Almanac paperline for this special moment.





Love to read what you think (:o)

Elly

Kommentare:

Alie hat gesagt…

Your canvas turn into a peace of art, by the time you're finished with it Elly :-)
The card is very cute...everything fits so well...

greetings, Alie :-)

Mywiel hat gesagt…

Klasse, wie so Stück für Stück der Keilrahmen entsteht. *hihi* Und das mit den Fotos zwischendrin kenn ich, man kann das dann einfach besser beurteilen mit etwas Abstand. Wie gesagt, sehr sehr hübsch!

LG
Anja

Chris hat gesagt…

.....and of course it's looking AMAZING! Love the process you're going through to find the right colours and layout. I also love the words you chose, looking forward to seeing the next instalment :). The card you made is beautiful and it's so elegant for a 40th birthday. xx

Sandy hat gesagt…

Oh Elly was warst Du wieder ein fleißiges Bienchen.
Es gibt wieder sooo tolle Werke zu sehen. Ich kann nur staunen und der Keilrahmen ist ja wohl ne Wucht oder was....
Ich wünsche Dir ein wunderwunderschönes WE meine Liebe mit gaaaaaanz viel Sonne.

Gio hat gesagt…

It's such a great challenge! And it becoming wonderful, day by day!

I tried to make one ehm two years ago..I never finished,a shame, I know :-)

Anke hat gesagt…

Also das wird ja noch richtig spannend mit dem Auftragswerk.
Der neu gestaltete Hintergrund gefällt mir.Bin gespannt was noch kommt.

Liebe Grüße
Anke

Ephemera hat gesagt…

More stunning projects Elly, you are creating some really inspiring and beautiful projects and showing what a versatile crafter you are.Both the canvas and card are stunning. xx