Freitag, 16. August 2013

ICAD - SWAP

A ....what? I'm participating in an ICAD - Swap, the lovely Astrid is hosting at Astrid's Artistic Efforts. ICAD stand for Index Card A Day. The card measurements are 3" x 5"


Well, i'm going to show you daily ICAD's now.......no! I'm kidding (:o) The idea was a group swap. I'm trading *to* 6 awesome creative ladies and i get 6 in return, from 6 other ladies. The return will be another post.



- Time To Play                                                  - May's Happy Daze
- Redanne                                                         - Pushing The Right Buttons
- Late Night Stamping                                        - Scrumplescrunch

Now, i'm showing you the ICAD's and holders i've created. I first made the cards and afterward created the holders. My idea was, to create something identical to catch the look of the cards and because i love bags, i've created some kind of a briefcase from cotton - fabric.

Below you see the cut version


I painted the fabric two times with Gesso on both sides......


....then painted with DecoArt Acrylic Paint the identical colours to catch the card


...stamping...


 ...spraying with my homemade spraypaint...


.....texture...


...finished with a varnish


I did the same process only with different colours and materials to all bags....i think you get the idea


Ok...and now....drumroll.....the finished ICAD's and holders

*Dream*




*Vintage*




*Retro*




*Inspire*




*Believe*




*Steampunk*




Well ladies, now you have to wait till the postman rings (:o)
Thanks so much  Astrid, hosting this swap.♥
This is what came from my passion and i really hope you like it.
Thanks for reading and all your appreciated comments

xoxo 
Elly

Kommentare:

mark gould hat gesagt…

Wow elly. One would have been impressive but six. Damn ;-). I think my faves at the last two. The blues are beautiful and the grungy steampunk is amazing. As always you you way beyond the expectations x

Rosie Schirrmeister hat gesagt…

*Schnappatmung*

Meine Güte, sind das wunderschöne Werke, ich bin echt beeindruckt, Elly.

Wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende

froebelsternchen Susi hat gesagt…

wow--die sind allesamt fabelhaft ...genial mit dem Stoff..und danke auch für die Schritt- Fotos!
total inspirierender Post Elly!

Andrea C hat gesagt…

All fab but the last one is FABULOUS. Brill work x

Redanne hat gesagt…

Oh Elly, how fabulous are these!!! I am so honoured to be on your list of recipients, I cannot wait for one of these amazing creations. You are a true inspiration. Hugs, Anne x

Andy skinner hat gesagt…

Fantastic and very original use of the products Ellie, you've done it again!

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Der helle Wahnsinn die Täschchen Elly, besonders die Steampunkausführung liebe ich sehr. Jecke Idee Sowas mal aus Stoff zu machen. Bin total begeistert davon.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

My Creative Life hat gesagt…

Wow Elly this are some fantastic and so wonderful creations, love the colors and textures on all, wish you a lovely weekend.
Anni

Zuzu's Blog hat gesagt…

wonderful work and great idea to use fabric. I am a fan of using paints to mix your own sprays (and adding some DecoArt metallic lustre for a bit of glitz).... I have to say the steampunk one is my absolute favourite. (that wont surprise you I am sure) ....

Astrid Maclean hat gesagt…

Wow Elly, these look amazing!!! Love how you have done the holders and how they match each of the cards! And I absolutely love how each is so different, all with their own style and yet, each of them with your superb very own touch! You really made me wonder now who will get what lol.... It looks as if you had loads of fun and thanks so much for the inspiration (and for joining the swap of course!!

inkypinkycraft hat gesagt…

these are gorgeous, love them all but the steampunk one is a firm favourite! the bags are gorgeous too...clever you x x hugs xtrace x

Wendy hat gesagt…

Totally stunning Elly,I need to make me some of these, just stunning!

Liz hat gesagt…

Very very cool! Love them

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...so so gorgeous Elly, these are fabulous little beauties, the girls will love them!...Mel:)xx

ModernaDesignsArt hat gesagt…

Love them, especially the Steampunk card and holder. Fantastic!
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Karin hat gesagt…

wow you have been busy, they look great! Groetjes Karin

Joan hat gesagt…

can't wait to see which is mine! I still haven't made mine, must get started

Lucy Edmondson hat gesagt…

These are so fab, Elly! Bet these lovely ladies will be delighted!

Lucy x

Gio hat gesagt…

These are brilliant Elly! And there are two or three that I could "steal" from your friends! ;-)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries hat gesagt…

What a great swap...amazing results Elly...gorgeous! Must be fun!

Bedankt voor de felicitaties, aardig van je :-)

groetjes, Alie :-)

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Sieht nach einem tollen Projekt aus, deine Tauschpartner werden total begeistert sein.

butterfly hat gesagt…

Wow, you have been busy - and every single one looks amazing! Now I need to get my thinking cap on...
Alison x

Brenda Brown hat gesagt…

Oh my gosh Elly these are amazing and so creative and I have to think of something to send to you. It wont be as good as this.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Buttons hat gesagt…

You do realise you've given us so much to live up to here Elly! Superb - I find that's a word I need to use with all your projects. Can't wait now!!! Hugs, Jenny x

Margie hat gesagt…

Just looking at your fab ICADs Elly - and to think you've made 6! I'm struggling with 2 but nearly there. I love your holders too. Margie x

Susie Bentz hat gesagt…

Elly these are amazing! I am just getting to work on mine - feeling a little intimidated - and a little inspired!