Mittwoch, 21. August 2013

Owl Watch You

A new challenge at  Octopode Factory is asking for eyes and i was happy to create a new page for my art journal. The images don't have to be from Octopode, but your name goes twice into the prize pool if you do.


First, i enlarged the digi steampunk - owl  image you can get at Octopode's Etsy, to fit my eye stamp. I used an inkjet printer and printed the owl image on glossy paper. I stamped the eye on acetate and i coloured the owl with distress inks.

I stamped the background on speciality stamping paper, with archival ink and StazOn in different colours. I started around the edges with Versamark and clear embossing powder


The eyes for the steampunk owl are painted on the back of the acetate with alkohol inks and i cut some eyelashes for the fun


Here you have it, a new page in my journal


The pages are 16 x 16 cm


Thanks for reading and leaving your appreciated comments
xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

mark gould hat gesagt…

Your book is really coming along Elly, I love the steampunk owl, and what a great eye dear to over lay the eye stamp x thanks for joining us at the octopode factory

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Wow Elly du bist ja schneller als der Schall, schon wieder so ein tolles Werk. Bin hin und weg von dem Tierchen, die Wimpern sind der Knaller,herrlich. Auch der HG ist super gestaltet.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Hach, wie cool, danke für den fetten Grinser auf meinem Gesicht.

Buttons hat gesagt…

So quirky! I love this owl and he is now sitting in the perfect spot Elly. Hugs, Jenny x

Anjas-Artefaktotum hat gesagt…

Ja wie genial ist das denn?! Die Eule ist der Oberkracher und die Seite einfach nur Klasse!
Schönen Sonntag und lG Anja

butterfly hat gesagt…

He's fantastic... and that embossed background is a real treat.
Alison x

ScrapArteJunk hat gesagt…

wow I'm speechless .. just wow!
I love owls

Grazie! :)

The Octopode Factory hat gesagt…

Hi Elly
you are the winner of the octopode factory friday challenge with this wonderful entry