Sonntag, 1. September 2013

Guest Design for Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog 

I'm very happy being the Guest Designer for this month challenge at Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge Blog. Theme for this month is

Doll's 'n Robot's

Well, i did my best to inspire you and i hope you give your own project a go


Supplies: 
DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paint Avocado Dip, Snow White, Cherry Red. Americana Multi Surface Satin Black tie. Traditions Acrylic Paint Burnt Umber, Carbon Black. Americana Weathered Wood Crackle Medium. Americana 3D Gloss Enamels, Americana Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
Fom my stash: Aluminium foil, tin, old robot parts, doll head, cardstock, eyelets, wood - sticks, plastic spools, two old forks, led - chain of lights, brads. metal embellishments, E 6000.









A little *How to do*


A dollhead, leg - parts from an old robot and a cardboard tin.


I've made a little steampunk hat from cardstock, glued the dollhead to the lid with E - 6000 and i used self - adhesive aluminium foil around the tin, which went thru the cuttlebug with a sizzix die.


A applyed a base layer of green acrylic paint to the foil, then painted all numbers and letters with red acrylic paint.

 I sanded  some foil off and painted the spots black


Here you see a (wood) stick and two plastic spools, i used for the third leg


Because the acrylic paint didn't hold on to the plastic spool...


..i used Americana Multi Surface Satin for a base coat and painted acrylic paint on top


I painted the head with titanium white first, applyed weathered wood crackle medium -  and a wash of burnt umber on top which i mostly wipped of. The goggles are cardstock and eyelets. Inside the main metal - embellishment at the hat, i used  3D Gloss Enamels and on top some tiny clock parts and Triple Thick Gloss Glaze


The arms are two old cake forks.
Inside the tin, you'll find a (battery) LED - chain of lights. Two little light bulbs are glued to the eye - opening with E - 6000
The tricky part was to get the chain of lights into the head, pushing thru a tiny little hole i've cut into the plastic lid.


I hope you like my little doll - robot.
I'm very excited to see what you make (:o)
Have fun!!
Thanks for reading and your appreciated comments

xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

die amelie hat gesagt…

Einfach Hammer, Elly!

Und auf den vielen schönen Fotos sieht man jetzt auch die goggles vorn am Zylinderhut - die sind ja vielleicht genial! Ein definitives Stempunk-Muss irgendwie...*lol

Ich finds immer klasse, dass du vorher-nachher Bildchen zeigst...das macht die Verwandlung gleich nochmal so erstaunlich!

Allerliebsten Dank für deinen famosen Gastauftritt bei uns auf SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Herzliche Grüße,

Claudia xx

inkypinkycraft hat gesagt…

wow although dolls heads creep me out! I stayed long enough to admire your quirky creativity and talent! hugs trace x

Maelchen hat gesagt…

Hey Elly, schön, dass Du auch auf anderen Blogs Spuren hinterlässt! Da hat es auch die Richtige als Gast-Designerin getroffen. Steampunk und die Verwandlung unscheinbarster Materialien in Wesen von anderen Sternen sind Deine Stärke. Und einen Hauch von Gänsehaut vermitteln sie auch. Was sagt denn Dein Mann dazu, wenn auf dem Nachttisch plötzlich zwei LED Augen aus einem ehemals harmlosen Puppengesichtchen aufleuchten? Hihi, ich stell mir das bei Euch zuhause sehr lustig vor...

Barb hat gesagt…

Love this little (?) fella....I have been going to do something similar for ages but my muse refuses to come out and play.
Recently (actually almost a year now)some friends helped me move my art supplies etc to a new room and questioned the reason for my collection of old cardboard tins....I think I need to move on....LOL

Barb hat gesagt…

Love this little (?) fella....I have been going to do something similar for ages but my muse refuses to come out and play.
Recently (actually almost a year now)some friends helped me move my art supplies etc to a new room and questioned the reason for my collection of old cardboard tins....I think I need to move on....LOL

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Das ist mal wieder der absolute Kracher, ich bin immer wieder begeistert, was du so alles recyclen kannst.

AngelicaS hat gesagt…

Love it!
Who can resist a three legged doll? And this one is amazing, so cool with the LED eyes....a work of art :)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries hat gesagt…

OOOH great result Elly,what a great guy! Could make a couple with Claudia's lady :-)

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Wahnsinn Elly, das Kerlchen sieht megaklasse aus und der Clou sind die leuchtenden Augen.Genial, da hast du dich wieder selbst übertroffen. Immer wieder spannend hier rein zu schauen.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Julia S-W hat gesagt…

What a little stunner this is Elly! So many details to see and absorb. I saw this on FB first but I didn't realise the eyes were led's - you are one superbly creative lady. I think I must try to make a 'doll' and your method would be a great place to start I think. Very clever.
Juliax

butterfly hat gesagt…

Congratulations on being the GD for the Steampunk challenge - what a great fit!! And what a brilliant, crazy, scary creation to inspire us... I love the metallic embossed body (though I'm now craving Paprika Chipsletten!) and the hat and glowing eyes are so cool!
Alison xx

mark gould hat gesagt…

Congrats on being GDT. What a brilliant little chap, I love him, the dolls head is awesome xx

Buttons hat gesagt…

Oh so incredibly clever! No wonder the ladies wanted you to be a guest designer. Fabulous work Elly. Hugs, Jenny x

Candy C hat gesagt…

Oh Elly! This is SOOO cool! What a great crimes give mind you have! This is awesome!