Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2013

Dressed Up

Hi folks! Long time no see. Well, the normal work is kicking my back besides my inspiration is only sending bigger projects into my head, which need time to create.
My project for today started, as i found this video on YouTube from ScrappinHappyxo. Below the video, you'll find the link to the tutorials if you're interested.
My creation is for the current SanDee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge, where we are playing Tic Tac Toe.
My receipe is metal - wings - ribbon /cord or texture - wings - gears. You'll even find a little bit rust. I guess i used everything besides letters and numbers (:o)

It's Fairy time



The bodice is handmade with newspaper and an old barbie with some kind of a papermachè technique. Use the link above, if you are interested to make one, too. I adhered pages of old music paper, tissue paper, cheesecloth and lace before i started spraying my colours




I started the spraying part from below to above in black, brown and green colours and turned from dark red to light red.





The Fairy - Shoes i've made earlyer fit perfect


The wings are a butterfly, i fixed around the hip with rusty wire. The backside of the butterfly you can see on the picture below, has a rusty treatment


I sewed on some metal embellishments like gears, clock and a bird cage


The backside of the dress


Rusty wire forms straps and hanger


Steampunk - Fairy - Dress


I hope, you like my creation and you play with us (:o)
Thanks for appreciated comments
xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...this I so creative Elly, love your creations...Mel:)) X

Rosie Schirrmeister hat gesagt…

Das ist der helle Wahnsinn. Schaut super aus, Elly

Gio hat gesagt…

Think big..and create big!! And it's also pink...very very beautiful!

I saw these dresses on the web and alway look at them with wonder.
Yours is no exception, Elly!

deb hat gesagt…

WOW loving this creation Elly! It really is stunning!

Brenda Brown hat gesagt…

Wow this is so inventive and unique, such alot of techniques and detail. Love it Elly.
hugs {brenda} x0x

die amelie hat gesagt…

Du meine Güte, Elly,

ist das schön! Ich glaube, das wird ein neuer Elly-Favorit von mir! Sooo zauberhaft und herzig und mit so vielen Details zu entdecken - wahrhaft ein Feen-Gewand! Zum Abheben schön!

Lieben Dank fürs Mitmachen bei uns auf SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges und beste Grüße aus dem grade eben sonnigen Wien,

Claudia x

Stempeln und mehr - Evelyns bunte Welt hat gesagt…

Hallo Elly,
ist ja eine klasse Idee mit der Barbie! Gefällt mir ausnehmend gut, dein Feenkleid!
Gruß
Evelyn

Redanne hat gesagt…

What an absolutely stunning steampunk creation Elly! I love every detail of it - you are so very creative. Hugs, Anne x

Karin hat gesagt…

Wow this looks great!
Groetjes karin

Dagmar hat gesagt…

boah - das ist ja der Wahnsinn!!! Was für eine geniale Kreation - ein traumhaftes Feenkleid - Tinkerbell würde es lieben ;o)

Astrid Maclean hat gesagt…

Elly this is absolutely incredible, what an amazing make!! That dress alone is to die for, totally gorgeous! And the rest? Well, what can I say, it is over the top amazing, you are so talented!!!

Buttons hat gesagt…

How incredibly inventive and imaginative Elly!!! I love the way you have added so many lovely layers to the dress, sprayed in graduated lines of colour and even matched the accessories. What a work of art! Hugs, Jenny x

Anni - My Creative Life hat gesagt…

Elly these dresses are so wonderfully made, love all yours, thanks for the link, I will try to make some, thanks for following me at my new blog, wish you a lovely weekend.
Anni

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Boah, da bleibt mir glatt die Spucke weg - das ist eine TRAUMHAFT schöne Kreation.

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Der absolute kreative Wahnsinn Elly, ich bin begeistert, das sieht so megaklasse aus, da hast du dich wieder selbst übertroffen.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

butterfly hat gesagt…

What a glorious fairytale creation, Elly - simply wonderful, and just makes me happy to look at it!
Alison xx

Straccis Scrapblog hat gesagt…

Mensch Elly, ein Glück das ich grad bei Iris/Yosmite über deinen Namen gestolpert bin!!! Da hab ich ja Monatelang mächtig was verpasst!!!
Dieses Elfenkleid ist der Knüller!! Ich bin begeistert!!!
GLG Bine