Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014

Steampunk Jewelry with rust and patina

Hello my crafty friends (:o) I can finally post my new creation at SanDee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge, because it's well received by my mental twin and it fit's the challenge theme which is: New Stash
I also like to enter the Simon Monday Challenge because Anything Goes!



I recently bought new patinas to increase my colour range.....



and the metal sealer


.....but the best part of my new stash are these boxes from Ebay for 10 € filled with gears


I bought the chain below, because the ability for altering with patinas
The middle (gold) part can move


I took them apart for the altering process 


with TenSecond Studio VerDay Paint


Below you see the patina growing


The finished pieces


The next process was done in front of my computer watching one of my favorite series



Ok ....back to the chain...(:o)
I had to figure out what else to use ( already real rusted washers with resin on top) and which background paper ( all from DCWV - Tattered Time) to go into the Media Mixáge Shield


Because i couldn't decide, i've started painting the metal embellishments and shield with *agate* Ranger patina first.  Afterwards i knew it will be the blue ruler paper


A little bit more paint, layering the metal stuff....and mixing the ice resin


During the drytime, i assembled the washers with rusty wire 


The finished piece ( sealed with Glaze)





Well,  Manu is happy with her new jewellery and i hope you like it, too
Thanks for reading up to the end and leaving your appreciated comment

xoxo Elly xxoxo

Kommentare:

butterfly hat gesagt…

What a stunningly beautiful piece of steampunk jewellery, Elly - it's simply amazing. I'm very excited as I have some Verday paint on the way that I got in the sales!
Alison xx

...the yorkshire fox... hat gesagt…

...this is such a cool work of art Elly...great step by step, I love it...Mel:)xx

Brigitte hat gesagt…

Amazing jewwellery, it's a very beautiful necklace.
Thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
Coutureuse

die amelie hat gesagt…

Oh wow - your mental twin is a lucky lucky person, Elly!

Your steampunk jewelry is just amazing and so beautiful! That Verday paint seems to be some great stuff too. And in your hands it did some awesome magic obviously :)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful piece of altered jewelry with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Astrid Maclean hat gesagt…

Wow Elly, this looks incredible, what an amazing piece of steampunk goodness! Stunning make from beginning to end! Love the way you have worked with the different media to amazing results!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries hat gesagt…

Unique jewel Elly...stunning alteration

artwolf2009 hat gesagt…

what a fab Piece, would love to wear it

Sandra hat gesagt…

Wow, this is amazing! Love the jewellery! Great techniques! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Barbara hat gesagt…

Hallo Elly,
immer bewundere ich deine kunsvollen Sachen. Sie sehen so zeitaufwendig aus. Was passiert mit all den Dingen, wenn sie fertig sind?
Viele Grüße
Barbara

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Stunning piece of jewellery, love the patina and the gorgeous detail. Lovely quirky piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Ein geniales Schmuckstück ist das, bin hin und weg, besonders dieses Kupferpatina-Grün liebe ich sehr und es harmoniert mit dem Rostton super. Klasse diese stufenweise Anordnung der Einzelteile und die Zahnrädchen machen sich da toll. Welche Glasur hast du für die Metallteile benutzt?
Große Inspiration!
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Wow, einfach fantastsich!
LG Yvonne

Stempeln und mehr - Evelyns bunte Welt hat gesagt…

Die Kette ist hinreißend! Würde ich auch sofort nehmen ;) Ich beneide dich um dein ebay Schnäppchen!

Maura hat gesagt…

What a beauty!!!

Caroline hat gesagt…

I am new to your blog thanks to decoArt & Andy Skinner!
Already adore everything I've seen, mixed media, Steampunk & Jewellery? Pure Heaven! This piece is amazing, quirky,a bit on the dark side (always good),very very cool & more!! So much inspiration here,I don't know where to begin. Oh & if my blog could look at brilliant as yours, I would be so happy!! Tfs. C