Sonntag, 6. April 2014

12 tags of 2014 - april

Happy sunday, dear crafters (:o)

Back from the dutch craft fair, i managed to create my Tim's tag for april. Actually i couldn't get home fast enough, because i had the look of this tag already in my head (:o)





As usual, a lit bit different as the original.
I used the tissue tape on the background and painted with a mix of Gesso and Acrylic Paint Dabber *aqua*. After that was dry, i used Distress Ink *vintage photo* on top and flicked some water droplets to the inked surface. Instead of cutting some grungeboard ( i don't own ) with the trellis framework die, i've used burlap paper from DCWV which i distressed with vintage photo DI, too. I've also cut some Lost and Found paper and cork with the same die. The flowers are handmade from the same paper stash. The paper had a treatment with the Inkssentials Ink refresher first, to soften the paper and make it more flexible. The finished flowers are sprayed with Dylusions *vibrant turqoise* and Color wash *red pepper*. At the end, i've used the Dabber *aqua* again to bring it all together and to give the tag a shabby look.

Hope you like my version of Tim's april tag
Thanks for reading and your appreciated comments.
I'm coming back tomorrow, with some pictures from the dutch *Art Specially* craft fair

xoxo
Elly 

Kommentare:

Astrid Maclean hat gesagt…

Don't just like it, love it Elly, great take on the original and I love that aqua colour! Great flowers too!!

Buttons hat gesagt…

Like Astrid, I LOVE this version Elly. Gorgeous colours. Looks like you had a fabulous trip too. Jenny x

Candy C hat gesagt…

Elly... Your take on Tim's April tag is gorgeous! I adore your roses! I just love everything you have done on the tag. The trellis die cut is such a beautiful color and I love how you have positioned it on your tag. Beautiful work. I also want to say thanks for your thoughts you left on my blog. They are truly appreciated. X, Candy

Anita Houston hat gesagt…

Gorgeous take! I love the blues, especially on the flowers!

Brenda Brown hat gesagt…

A spectacular take on Tim's tag Elly - just love it xx

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Boah, dein Tag sieht genial aus. Ich muss gestehen ich habe mir noch nicht einmal das Original vom "Meister" angeschaut ... Aber ich bin mir sicher, deins ist schöner :)

Helen Allen hat gesagt…

Hi Elly. Lovely tag - That hessian paper looks fab and I love the contrast of the turquoise against all the naturals x

butterfly hat gesagt…

What an absolutely beautiful take on the tag, Elly. The colours work magically together, and those flowers are stunning!
Alison xx