Montag, 12. Mai 2014

DecoArt DT Tutorial - Chalky Finish Decor Project

Happy monday dear crafty friends (:o)

Finally i received some DecoArt Chalky Finish Products last friday and i finished a few projects the last weekend. Today i want to share some painted glass bottles with you.


The DecoArt products i used


DecoArt Americana Fabric Stiffener, Americana Decor Chalky Finish *whisper*, *delicate*, *refreshing* and Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish


First i've cleaned the bottles....


...and cut some old lace to fit around the bottles


Soak the lace with the Fabric Stiffener....


..and apply to the bottles. I used a brush and stippled the Fabric Stiffener....


...on top of the lace and on the bottles, too
Let dry completely


The Fabric Stiffener....


..is creating the crackle effect, when the paint dries.
Seal the bottles with Light Satin Varnish


I found a wire basket and painted it, too


Less is more. I painted the basket with less paint three times. I started with *whisper* and used some *refreshing* at the edges










The new decoration on my dining table


Thanks for reading and your appreciated comments
Happy crafting (:o)

Elly


Kommentare:

mondfloh hat gesagt…

Wow, wieder ein superschönes Werk von Dir - danke für das Making-of! LG Carmen

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries hat gesagt…

Great altered bottles Elly...love the soft toned colours!

Groetjes, Alie

Artfully challenged hat gesagt…

Gorgeous Elly,lovely pastel colours,perfect for a centre piece

Donna.x

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Ein Träumchen liebe Elly!
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Candy C hat gesagt…

Elly... I love your DecoArt project! Your three vases all painted and crackled and shabbied up look fantastic! I absolutely LOVE DecoArt paints... My new favorites... The chalky paints, crackle and waxes. Your project is so cute! Perfect for a homespun feel on your dining table. I thank you from the bottom from my heart for your super sweet comment about my art. You make me feel so good with your ultra positive comments. Love you and love your art! <3 Candy

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Schmacht, das ist ja wieder ein traumhaft schönes Dekoteil. Diese Pastellfarben,Spitze und als Krönung der tolle weiße Flieder darin, zum Klauen schön.
Liebe Grüße und hab eine schöne Woche.
Sabine

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Wow, das ist eine fantastische Deko!
LG Yvonne

Jools Robertson hat gesagt…

Beautiful bottles and the lace, love the colours and the crackle effect, very pretty design

Jools x

mark gould hat gesagt…

I really love the chunky cracks x.the project looks great. X