Montag, 15. September 2014

Be my guest on a Vintage Journey - With a Flourish


Hello crafty friends (:o)
I was very happy to have been asked along to *A Vintage Journey* as a guest designer this month.


Honestly, you can't go on a vintage journey without at least a little bit Tim Holtz


My journey started with a black tag size 8, stamped with the text stamp from the Stampers Anonymous *Papillion* Stamp Set and Versamark - heat embossed with clear embossing powder


The tag was then painted with the Acrylic Paint Dabber *aqua*. After the paint was dry, i've used a baby wipe to take off the paint from the embossed script


A little bit distressing around the edges with Distress Ink for the finish look


The grungeboard flourish was painted with *pitch black* Dabber and a coat of Distress Crackle Paint *rock candy* on top


A little bit *aqua* to match the colour of the tag


Butterflies stamped on acatate


Coloured with alkohol ink *caramel* and *pool*


Stamped with Archival black on kraft cardstock


Easy cutting with the Sizzix Alterations *French Flights*


5 pages of corrugated cardboard, roughly distressed with the Distrezz - it - All from Zutter. The pages are sprayed with Distress Inks in blue and brown colours. Partly heat embossed with embossing powder and painted with the Dabber *aqua* and *gold*


Idea - ology *framed* alpha parts  painted with gold, too


See, even if i love to use acrylic paint i'm also a scrapper and i don't mind to cut paper.
I've glued paper from the *french industrial* stash to the background. Sprayed some ink. A giant tag forms a pocket on the left side for some secrets. I've painted and cut a sheet of Burlap paper from DCWV with the frameworks die. More painted alpha parts to highlight the picture from a meeting of my Boss, favorite artist and Executive Creative Consultant of DecoArt  *Andy Skinner* and me.

Thanks to Vintage Journey for the invite
and
thank you for being part of my creative outbreaks and leaving your appreciated comments

Happy monday
Elly

Kommentare:

froebelsternchen Susi hat gesagt…

HAMMER!

JackieP Neal hat gesagt…

Absolute genius! Elly!! Stunning my friend! Thank you so much for your walk-through!! xo

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans hat gesagt…

Gorgeous Elly, wonderful texture and dimension. I love your design and the added crackle too. Gorgeous piece . Tracy x

Jools Robertson hat gesagt…

Fabulous mini album, love all the gorgeous textures and amazing details
Love the alcohol ink butterflies and hessian die cuts such fab colours

Brilliant tutorial, thank you

Jools x

Anneke hat gesagt…

Lovely work. Love your design and detailing Anneke.

butterfly hat gesagt…

Oh, Elly - I can't believe I missed this - and at A Vintage Journey too (I'm hanging my head in shame... but it was right in the middle of my New York job, so that's why, I suppose). What an astounding project you shared with us - all of my favourite things in one place. The colours, the corrugated card, the alcohol inked butterflies, that fabulous black tag - every detail gives delight... wow, wow and wow again!
Alison xx

die amelie hat gesagt…

Großartig, Elly!

Da muss ich gleich noch ausführlicher und genüsslicher reinschauen! Und später nochmal...und nochmal... ;)

LG,
Claudia x

Candy C hat gesagt…

Gorgeous, Elly!!! I am glad this came up on Facebook So that I got a chance to see it. This is truly beautiful with all of its texture and grungy goodness!