Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015

Kraft Tex Journal

Hi crafters (:o)

I had a play with Kraft Tex last weekend and made a journal


I've sewn in 5 signatures by hand



Kraft Tex from C&T Publishing comes in three colours. Natural, white and black and it's actually a tough, touchable new paper that performs like fabric and it's washable.

I had a play with the natural version first i've bought at Amazon



I've cut a piece from the roll and washed it. Still wet i've crumbled it up



As the piece was dry i gave it a treatment with Distress Reinker/ water mix
( Vintage Photo/ Walnut Stain)



Stamped with background stamps and black Archival Ink. 
I've also applied the ink around the edges


Finally a layer of Matte Medium
Left side with / Right side without the Matte Medium

It almost feels like leather



For more information / ideas i recommend to watch the video 


Try something new! (:o)

Thanks for reading and your appreciated comments
xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

butterfly hat gesagt…

Wow - that looks like a really useful product. I love your aged and weathered album cover - so beautiful. Sorry I've missed so much - real life has been stealing too much of my time! I'm off to have a browse of your inspirational work...
Alison xx

Inkypinkycraft hat gesagt…

a gorgeous project x

whyducks hat gesagt…

Oh Elly you make such cool stuff. Thank you for sharing it, I had never heard of it before. x

JackieP Neal hat gesagt…

Very cool stuff Elly! thanks for sharing this- I have bookmarked the video to check out later! xo

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Das ist ein klasse Teil was du mit diesem tollen Material gewerkelt hast Elly.
Hab mir auch das Video angesehen und war so begeistert, daß ich mir direkt auch ein Stück Kraft Tex bestellt habe. Danke fürs Video teilen.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Dagmar hat gesagt…

Absolut klasse!!! LG Dagmar

Selma hat gesagt…

It became a fine! An interesting technique.

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Wow, das sieht einfach genial aus!
Ein schönes Wochenende.
LG Yvonne

Sara Barker hat gesagt…

Beautiful journal, Elly! I love that worn leather look! Going to check out the video and many entries of your blog that I've missed. I so appreciate and am honored by your comments on my blog! I consider you to be a tremendously talented artist, so it means the world to me!
hugs!

Robin Veysey hat gesagt…

Beautiful