Freitag, 1. Januar 2016

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, my crafty friends (:o)



My *Kick Off* for this fresh year are some altered playing cards. I'm part of 
The rules are very easy:
- Create a deck of 52 cards with a nature theme. Think animals, flowers, connection, peace, scenery or colours.
- Mail your deck to Jessica Brogan till February 26th
- Receive a full set of 52 unique cards from other artists all over the world
More details and registration here 

I'm creating my cards in set's of 13 cards each but first i've glued the backs of my cards to scrapbook paper, sanded the front and painted a layer of white Gesso





First Set *Step by Step*


Background stamping with LaBlanche Text Stamp and Archival ink black followed by playing with Brusho Crystal Colours. My first play by the way....


Stamping ( LaBlanche fly and butterfly) and heat embossing with black embossing powder



Next steps: DecoArt Modeling Paste, stencil and gold embossing powder



Interesting ...how the Brusho's soak into the Modeling Paste...but not important for this project because i sprinkle embossing powder into the wet paste and heat it up

Finished first set 


In the coming days i'll show you the other set's i've created

I'm also excited about the *Everything Art* classes which are starting today


Well you see, there is a lot going on and i'm sure i'll meet you somewhere in a creative 2016


xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

Rosie Schirrmeister hat gesagt…

Ein frohes neues Jahr wünsche ich Dir, liebe Elly.

Tolle APCs sind das geworden.

Little Artbee hat gesagt…

Frohes Neues Jahr Elly!

Die Kärtchen sehen super aus, besonders die vergoldete Schrift gefällt mir dazu sehr gut.
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

JackieP Neal hat gesagt…

Ah yes! I see now what you mean about the gold!! yes, maybe it is a sign of good things to come! At least we can hope right?!!
Your cards are beautiful! I love the simplicity of these and how they speak volumes! Gorgeous!
Happy New Year my friend!!
hugs,Jackie

Lillibelle hat gesagt…

Happy New Year Elly! Deine Karten sehen sensationell aus! Das ist ja so ganz mein Stil. ;)

Rein hat gesagt…

Klasse Elly, superschöne Farben!