Freitag, 22. Juli 2016

Play with your food

Hello Crafters and Makers (:o)

Starting with a short input after a loooong summer break.
*
Mommy said: Don't play with your food ....but as a grown artist i think otherwise :)

I had a play with Quark.....well, the hardest part now is to explain German Quark, because it's not so common in the US. Is it curd / cheese in the UK ?...actually i don't know. It's not cottage cheese and it's also not creme cheese. It is some kind of strained yoghurt....maybe.....
I found an article : Couple brings German - style quark to US market from 2013 - you can read here

Maybe the article gives you an explaining ....




....why Quark is crackling when air - drying

I used some leftover Quark, mixed in some drops of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Teal Hue and spread it on a handmade canvas. A handmade canvas is in my case a recycled cardboard box, maybe from Kellogg's. pasted with masking tape, old book pages and primed with Gesso.
Yes..you need patience, because it took 3 days to dry. I drybrushed DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Metallic Gold when dry.

I have no further idea for this piece, yet but thought it's worth to share

xoxo
Elly

1 Kommentar:

Brenda Brown hat gesagt…

Love the crackle effects but I don't know 'quark' xxx