Dienstag, 5. September 2017

Ellydori - Traveler's Notebook Midoristyle

Hello Crafters (:o)

I recently came back from a wonderful vacation on crete island with some nice pictures in my pocket. Searching the www for a quick and easy storage, i found 1000 ideas using a Midori Traveler's Notebook.   
Some leather pieces, i've bought at the Barcelona Flea Market a few month ago, come in handy now. A Memory Notebook Kit, bought at dp, was already waiting to get used.


The notebook has regular size and fits a Midori planner


Some assorted planner refills, all regular size. I'm also using a brown piece of 2 mm foam sheet as backing, because my leather is a bit flimsy


The white piece of paper is my templet ( Midori size)


First cutting the leather


Marking holes on templet for elastic band


Cutting holes into templet


A little eye measuring with one of the notebook refills


Cutting foam sheet to size and adhering it to the back of leather


Cutting everything straight


Marking the holes with the templet


Cutting holes


I always like a little bit hand sewing. Marking the sewing line with a tool


Making holes with an awl straight through foam sheet and leather



The sewing part next


Also created a little closure piece


Next part involving the elastic band, and there are different ways to do that.
I show you my way, for 4 inserts


Starting above, at the left hole...going down 


and up again..








You will end, with two strings, in the middle of the spine
Make a knot


Bring in the closure part to one string .....


..and make another knot


This way, i have some leftover string and i can always tie it loose, if i need more room 

  
Some more accessories make sense...


..like a pen holder clip.....


....and a clear zipper case for ephemera


I guess, you'll see my Ellydori a few more times


One of the pages, not much embellished, yet




Now it's up to you, to create your own....
Use fabric ....or felt would be nice, too
Happy crafting!
xoxo
Elly

Kommentare:

Brenda Brown hat gesagt…

Brilliant Elly, I love the look and feel of leather for a journal album and this is gorgeous xxx

suziqu's thread works hat gesagt…

What a wonderful tutorial Elly!
There are so many ways to create journals and their covers. This one must feel beautiful to hold in your hands!
Sending you all the best,
Suzy

Jackie P Neal hat gesagt…

Ah Elly! So glad to see you again!!
I love that you shared your book making tutorial!
I followed some of your photos on FB and must say I was very envious of the beautiful place you had vacationed! good for you!! Hope all is well in your world and I miss your regular posting! "(

Take care my friend,
Jackie xx